Shade Sail Maintenance
During the seasons that your sails are flying we suggest that you visually check the shade sail hardware on a regular basis to be sure all is sound and secure. As well be sure your Shade Sails are not chaffing on anything or each other.
Shade Sails are not designed to handle snow loading
and must be taken down before the snow begins to fall
Shade Sail Take Down is Quite Simple:
- It is VERY IMPORTANT to label the corners so that next spring you will know which way to fly the sails
- Be sure Sails are dry before take down and storage
- First loosen the turnbuckles as far as possible without actually unscrewing the turnbuckle completely
- The Sails should now be loose enough to allow you to disconnect the other corners of the Sail. It is best to leave hardware attached to Sail corners so you will know where things go come spring
- Fold Sails as neatly as possible and store in dry area where rodents cannot attack them
- Reverse the process in the spring
Shade Sail Cleaning:
- Shade Sails can be cleaned using warm water and a mild detergent applied with a moderately stiff brush or broom
- Your Shade Sails should be allowed to dry before storage and be stored in a dry safe area
- You may safely roll or fold your Shade Sail
- Store away from any heat sources or sharp objects
Safety! Always First, In All Endeavors.
13 years without any accidents or injuries!
Our safety policies & practices are working!
Shade Sails are durable but unless engineered for snow, they MUST come down for the winter months