Custom Sized Shade Sails
Rated 4.98 out of 5 based on 51 customer ratings(51 customer reviews)
10-year UV Warranty
Custom Shade Sails are tailored to fit your specifications exactly giving you complete control over your design. Available in a range of colours and fabric options, all Custom Shade Sails come with a full hardware kit and Advanced Tensioning System.
- 10-year UV warranty
- Fade & tear-resistant UV stabilized shade fabric
- Double-stitched seams & triple-layered reinforced corners
- Marine-grade 316 stainless steel hardware
- Non-continuously cabled corners
- Ships complete with all attachment hardware
Free Design Assistance
If you're in the process of designing your space, we highly advise contacting us first. There are many things to consider before putting your posts in the ground or installing hardware. We've been designing shade structures for the last 20 years and would like to offer our expertise to you, free of charge. There are three ways you can get in contact
- Call us at 1 855-899-8290
- Use our simple online form and upload photos of the area you're trying to shade. This allows us to get the best idea of which solution will work best
- Use the support widget in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen
One of our team will get back to you with a free, no-obligation estimate. We want to help you create the best, most efficient design for your space, speak with one of our experts today.
We speak English, French, Spanish & German
Select the shape of your shade sail
Select the fabric you would like to use
Enter the dimensions of your shade sail
Your Shade Sail Will Cost
To ensure a shade sail looks and performs at its best, tension needs to be applied correctly. Our Custom Shade Sails are handmade in Canada to the specifications of our patented construction method ensuring maximum longevity and safety.
- Advanced Tensioning System – Sails made with fabric/belt perimeter have issues with longevity and tension, especially after the first year of use. Our ATS system includes a stainless steel cable that runs along the perimeter of your sail ensuring equal tensioning, increased water run-off and zero-stretch, lengthening the life of your sail.
- Triple-Layered Reinforced Corners – Our reinforced corners allow increased levels of tensioning, improving the aesthetic of the sail and its performance in wind and rain.
- Double-Stitched Seams – Poorly constructed seams can lead to fraying and strain on a sail’s perimeter. We double stitch our seams with high-quality UV-stabilised thread ensuring a clean even look throughout the perimeter of your sail.
- Non-Continuously Cabled Corners – A significant upgrade from our standard-sized shade sails, the cable in your custom shade sail is terminated at each corner as opposed to running continuously throughout the perimeter, allowing each side of your shade sail to be tensioned individually.
Fabric & Colour
Custom Shade Sails are available in several fabric types offering you a large range of colours. Sun safety is one of the most important factors when choosing shade fabric, our fabrics are engineered in Australia and subject to rigorous testing, ensuring up to 95.5% UV Protection. Each fabric is fade and tear-resistant and comes with a 5-15 year UV warranty (depending on fabric type). Made from rot-resistant high-density polyethylene, this fabric is 100% recyclable, lead and phthalate-free and one of the only fabrics on the market to be Oeko-Tex® 100 and Greenguard® certified. If you’d like more information, please see our fabric page.
Monofilament & tape construction, perfect for small to medium-sized sails up to around 25ft.
100% Monofilament, best suited to larger-span sails over 25ft.
Monofilament & tape construction, suitable for any sized shade sail.
Monofilament & tape (coated) construction, suitable for any sized shade sail.
*Please note – Waterproof Shade Sails require an additional 2-3 week manufacturing time depending on fabric colour. Please contact us if you would like an estimate for your fabric colour*
Danish-Made Marine-Grade 316 Stainless Steel
For outdoor products, high-quality hardware is essential for both the aesthetics and the longevity of your sail. All of our hardware is made from marine-grade forged 316 stainless steel imported from Denmark. High load rated, this material is extremely strong and corrosion-resistant ensuring a polished finish for the life of your hardware.
All Custom Shade Sails come with a complete hardware kit. Our hardware kits contain everything you’ll need to fly your sail.
- “D” shackles
Turnbuckles are used to tension your Shade Sail properly and allow for easy and efficient adjustment during the season. D-shackles attach your turnbuckles to the corners of the sail.
**Please Note: The hardware shown may differ from what you receive based on the size and design of your shade sail.
FAQs & Important Information
Are the sides of a shade sail straight or curved?
The sides of a shade sail are curved to ensure proper tensioning. The amount of the curve (catenary curve) depends on the shape of the shade sail and can be adjusted when ordering a custom shade sail. Curvature is not solely for tensioning purposes, it can be increased (to go around a tree or other obstruction) or decreased in some cases. Our design software automatically optimizes the catenary curve for each design. Please get in contact with our design team for any unique requirements.
Are shade sails waterproof?
Most shade sails are not waterproof unless you are using a waterproof fabric, however, one of the reasons we suggest varying the heights of your posts/attachment points is to encourage water run-off. When your sails are sloped and tightened correctly, the majority of the water will run off to the side of the sail, with only a fine mist making it through the mesh. Heavy rain is not an issue if the sail has a significant slope and is very tight.
If you would like to view our waterproof shade sails you can do so here.
Checkout & Shipping
Safe & Secure
We use one of Canada’s most popular and trusted credit card processors, Paypal Payments Pro, for our Payment Gateway. Our site is secured using SSL encryption, ensuring your details are always safe and secure.
An expedited service is available and sails can be produced in as few as two business days. On our Cart Page, our shipping is calculated directly from Canada Post’s API, ensuring you receive multiple options with accurate shipping times.