Standard Sized Triangle Shade Sail
$330.05 – $742.55
Rated 4.98 out of 5 based on 44 customer ratings(44 customer reviews)
10-year UV Warranty
A Triangle Shade Sail is an excellent choice for those who have minimal attachment options. Offering less shade than a square or rectangular Shade Sail, a Triangle Shade Sail is typically lighter and perfect for those who have, for instance, two anchor points on their house and one post. All Standard-Sized shade sails come with our Advanced Tensioning System.
- 10-year UV warranty
- Fade & tear-resistant UV stabilized shade fabric
- Double-stitched seams & triple-layered reinforced corners
- Marine-grade 316 stainless steel hardware
Free Design Assistance
If you're in the process of designing your space, we highly advise contacting us first. There are many things to consider before putting your posts in the ground or installing hardware. We've been designing shade structures for the last 20 years and would like to offer our expertise to you, free of charge. There are three ways you can get in contact
- Call us at 1 855-899-8290
- Use our simple online form and upload photos of the area you're trying to shade. This allows us to get the best idea of which solution will work best
- Use the support widget in the bottom right-hand corner of your screen
One of our team will get back to you with a free, no-obligation estimate. We want to help you create the best, most efficient design for your space, speak with one of our experts today.
We speak English, French, Spanish & German
To ensure a shade sail looks and performs at its best, tension needs to be applied correctly. Our Standard Shade Sails are handmade in Canada to the specifications of our patented construction method ensuring maximum longevity and safety.
- Advanced Tensioning System – Sails made with fabric/belt perimeter have issues with longevity and tension, especially after the first year of use. Our ATS system includes a stainless steel cable that runs along the perimeter of your sail ensuring equal tensioning, increased water run-off and zero-stretch, lengthening the life of your sail.
- Triple-Layered Reinforced Corners – Our reinforced corners allow increased levels of tensioning, improving the aesthetic of the sail and its performance in wind and rain.
- Double-Stitched Seams – Poorly constructed seams can lead to fraying and strain on a sail’s perimeter. We double stitch our seams with high-quality UV-stabilised thread ensuring a clean even look throughout the perimeter of your sail.
Fabric & Colour
Standard-Sized Shade Sails are made from our Commercial Light fabric and come in 5 colours. Sun safety is one of the most important factors when choosing shade fabric, Commercial Light fabric is engineered in Australia and subject to rigorous testing, ensuring up to 95.5% UV Protection. It is fade and tear-resistant and comes with a 10-year UV warranty. Made from rot-resistant high-density polyethylene, this fabric is 100% recyclable, lead and phthalate-free and one of the only fabrics on the market to be Oeko-Tex® 100 and Greenguard® certified.
Have you considered a custom?
Custom-Sized Shade Sails offer a variety of benefits over Standard Sized Shade Sails.
- Ease of Design – Instead of picking a standard size and then trying to fit your posts and attachment points around the size of your shade sail, you supply the measurements of your space and we design a custom shade sail to fit that space perfectly.
- Better Tensioning & Longevity – Because the sail is made specifically for your space, there is no slack in your sail ensuring the best possible aesthetics and a longer lifespan.
- Fabric & Colour Options – Custom-sized shade sails are available in over 50 different colours spanning 4 different types of fabric.
- Non-Continuously Cabled Corners – A significant upgrade from our standard-sized shade sails, the cable in a custom shade sail is terminated at each corner as opposed to running continuously throughout the perimeter, allowing each side of your shade sail to be tensioned individually.
Marine-Grade Stainless Steel
For outdoor products, high-quality hardware is essential for both the aesthetics and the longevity of your sail. All of our hardware is made from marine-grade forged 316 stainless steel imported from Denmark. High load rated, this material is extremely strong and corrosion-resistant ensuring a polished finish for the life of your hardware.
Our Shade Sails hardware kits contain all of the hardware you’ll need to fly your sail. Your Triangle Hardware kit will include:
- Three Kwik Klips
- Two 3/16″ twist “D” shackles
- One 1/4 inch Turnbuckle
- Two 1/4 inch “D” shackles
Kwik Klips are used on each corner of the sail, connecting either your turnbuckle or your D-shackle to your attachment point. Kwik Klips are specifically designed to allow for great ease when putting up and taking down your Shade Sail. Turnbuckles are used to tension your Shade Sail properly and allow for easy and efficient adjustment during the season. ¼ D-shackles attach your turnbuckles to your Kwik Klips and the corners of the sail and the longer 3/16 twist D-shackles are used to attach the remaining Kwik Klips to the corners without turnbuckles.
Please note, anchor point hardware will need to be purchased separately, you can view this here.
FAQs & Important Information
Are the sides of a shade sail straight or curved?
The sides of a shade sail are curved to ensure proper tensioning. The amount of the curve (catenary curve) depends on the shape of the shade sail and can be adjusted when ordering a custom shade sail. Curvature is not solely for tensioning purposes, it can be increased (to go around a tree or other obstruction) or decreased in some cases. Our design software automatically optimizes the catenary curve for each design. Please get in contact with our design team for any unique requirements.
Are shade sails waterproof?
Most shade sails are not waterproof unless you are using a waterproof fabric, however, one of the reasons we suggest varying the heights of your posts/attachment points is to encourage water run-off. When your sails are sloped and tightened correctly, the majority of the water will run off to the side of the sail, with only a fine mist making it through the mesh. Heavy rain is not an issue if the sail has a significant slope and is very tight.
If you would like to view our waterproof shade sails you can do so here.
Checkout & Shipping
Safe & Secure
We use one Canada’s most popular and trusted credit card processors, Paypal Payments Pro, for our Payment Gateway. Our site is secured using SSL encryption, ensuring your details are always safe and secure.
Our sails should be to your door in less than two weeks from the time of ordering. An expedited service is available and sails can be produced in as few as two business days. On our Cart Page, our shipping is calculated directly from Canada Post’s API, ensuring you receive multiple options with accurate shipping times.